In This article we will Learn how to update your iPhone or iPad to the most recent version of iOS or iPadOS. You can wirelessly update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the latest iOS or iPadOS version. You may be able to choose from two software updates if you are using iOS or iPadOS 14.5 and later. You have two options, you can either update to the most recent iOS version or iPadOS 15 immediately after it’s released or you can continue using iOS or iPadOS 14 for a time while still receiving important security updates.
You can manually update your device if you don’t see it on your device. If you have a Mac running macOS Catalina, or later or a Windows PC , you can manually update your device.
Wirelessly update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Backup your device with iCloud or on your computer.
- Connect your device to a power source, and connect it to the internet using Wi-Fi.
- Next, go to Settings > General and then tap Software Update.
- You can choose which one to install if you see two options for software updates.
- Tap Install Now. Tap Install Now if you see Download and install instead. Enter your passcode to download the update.
It may be that your device has been updated and there is an upgrade option. You may have the option to upgrade to iOS 15 even if your device has iOS 14 installed. If you are pairing an accessory with iPhone, you may want to update iOS.
You may need additional space for wireless updates
Tap Continue to allow the removal of apps if a message appears asking you to temporarily remove an app because it requires more space to update the software. These apps will automatically be reinstalled after the installation is complete. To do it manually Tap Cancel.
Customize automatic updates
While your device is charging, it can automatically update overnight.
- Go to Settings > General > Software update.
- Tap Automatic Updates and then click on Download iOS updates.
- Turn on Install iOS updates. Your device will be automatically updated to the most recent version of iOS and iPadOS. Some updates might need to be manually installed.
Note: Upgrade to the most recent iOS version or iPadOS software for the latest features, security updates, and bug fixes Some features may not be available in all countries or regions. The performance of your battery and system may be affected by network conditions, individual use, and other factors. Actual results could vary.
Please share this article if you liked it.